With most of us working from home and with a much bigger demand than normal being placed on our broadband connections, here are a few simple ways to try and speed your connection up:
– Move your home router away from other devices e.g. TVs, Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, cordless phones, and consider placing the router on a table or raised position rather than on the floor.
– Try to stagger the number of family members using the internet at one time.
– Don’t use your microwave while online as this can interfere with your Wi-Fi signal.
– Consider using a homemade DIY ‘parabolic’ antenna e.g. shielding the back of the router in a beer can that’s had the top and bottom cut off, been flattened, and stood up in curved shape. Please note be incredibly careful to avoid injury if attempting to make this.
– Get a signal booster.
– Set your router to reboot regularly to keep your Wi-Fi speed high.