With Windows 10 you can make a system image backup which means that you can easily restore your computer to the way it was in the event of a critical failure or issue.
To make the backup:
- Make sure you have a suitable storage medium e.g. secondary hard drive.
- Press the Windows button on your keyboard.
- Type “File History” and press Enter.
- Click the “System Image Backup” button in the bottom-left corner.
- Select “Create a system image.”
- Select the storage location for your system image – hard disk, DVD, or network location.
- Click “Next,” and then select the drives that you’d like to create an image backup of. Click “Next” again.
- Click “Start backup”.